I think that my creative side is being express in many fields, and a lot in the way that I cook. It’s pretty rare that I follow a recipe to the letter, I always find a way to adapt it’s presentation, to add a little twist, change the taste or replace ingredients so it suits me better!
Of course it’s not always a win, and I sometimes need a few attempts to have a good result! But today, I managed to have it right the first time! Ah!
The recipe is actually very basic, it’s only a few ingredients, that are often found in the cupboard. It’s a good option for a last minute treat, snack or to bake and bring to your reading club 😉
From the basic recipe that I’ve read, I changed the shape (from a cake to muffins), and made 4 other main adaptations. I replaced the eggs with bananas, you can count 2 bananas for 3 eggs if you would like to use this trick in other recipes. So, I also diminished the amount of sugar as the banana already bring a sweet taste. I also used some rice flour instead of a traditional one. And finally, I added the stewed strawberries, which add a little twist and some moisture to the cake. I used strawberry, but you can of course do it with any other fruit, or a piece of chocolate should also do the trick!
Muffins with strawberry heart
- 180 gr rice flour
- 150 gr apple sauce
- 2 ripe bananas
- 50 gr non refined cane sugar
- 1 bag of dry yeast
- 12 tsp of stewed strawberries
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Step 2 Smash the bananas
- Step 3 Add the other ingredients except the stewed strawberries and stir to obtain a homogeneous paste
- Step 4 Set 12 muffins case on a muffin tray and filet hem to the halve
- Step 5 Watch that you still have enough to recover the stewed strawberries afterwards
- Step 6 Pour a teaspoon of stewed strawberries in the center of each muffin, trying to dig a little hole so it doesn’t run on the whole muffin
- Step 7 Pour a bit more of paste on each muffin
- Step 8 Bake for 20 minutes